Click to Home
Go To Search
City Manager
San Jose Home
File Complaint
Contact the Office of Equality Assurance (OEA) if you believe an employer is not paying minimum wage. 

In person or by mail: Office of Equality Assurance 
200 East Santa Clara Street, Fifth Floor
San Jose, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 535 - 8430

Please be prepared to provide the following information:

  • Your name, mailing address, and phone number
  • Name, address, and phone number of the business
  • Manager or owner's name
  • Type of work performed
  • How and when employees are paid (example: cash or check, weekly or bi-weekly)

Any additional information you can provide; such as copies of pay stubs, personal records of hours worked, or other information regarding the business's pay practice are helpful.

All services are free and confidential. An employer cannot terminate or discriminate against an employee for filing a complain with the OEA.