Click to Home
Go To Search
Office of Cultural Affairs
San Jose Home
Event Contacts

The Office of Cultural Affairs (OCA) coordinates events held on both public and private property, arranges for city services and processes Outdoor Special Event Permit Applications. To contact the Office of Cultural Affairs please call (408) 793-4344.

Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Services (PRNS), Parks Division.
Coordinates events held in parks, issues Special Park Use Permits and coordinates park services.
(408) 794-6500 
Parks, Recreation & Neighborhood Services website

San José Fire Department (SJFD)
Responsible for on-site inspections and permits for tents, booths, cooking appliances, generators. fireworks, pyrotechnics, festival, and parades.
(408) 535-7750
San Jose Fire Department website

San José Police Department (SJPD)-Secondary Employment Unit (SEU)
Responsible for street closures, traffic control, event safety, and alcohol permit.
(408) 277-4980 - Secondary Employment Unit.
(408) 277-4452 - Permit Unit
San Jose Police Department website

Environmental Services Department (ESD)
Responsible for all recycling, solid waste and storm water policies.
(408) 535-8550
Zero Waste Event Program website

San José Department of Transportation (DOT)
Provides barricades, tow-away zones, traffic signs, traffic control personnel, trash boxes, etc.
Manages and maintains city roadways in San Jose.
(408) 535-3850
San Jose Department of Transportation website

California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control in San Jose (ABC)
Issues Temporary Liquor License in coordination with SJPD.
(408) 277-1200 
California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control website
Department of Environmental Health, County of Santa Clara
Issues permits relating to all food & beverage preparation, and distribution.
(408) 918-3400 
Department of Environment health website 

Valley Transportation Authority/Marketing Department (VTA)
Coordinates light rail and bus operations related to special events.
(408) 299-4412 
Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) website 

Board of Equalization, State of California
Issues Temporary Seller's Permit .
(408) 277-1807 
Board of equalization, state of California website 

San Jose City Hall Special Events
Issues permits for use of the outdoor plaza and meeting rooms at San Jose City Hall. 
(408) 535-3500 
San Jose City Hall website 

San Jose McEnery Convention Center
For use of meeting rooms, exhibit halls and theaters.
For information and to contract space, call:
(408) 792-4194 
San Jose McEnery Convention Center website